More music in the fight against cancer




















This time it's a concert which clashes unfortunately with one that I'd just written about at http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.com/2011/03/concert-for-cancer-charity.html and now I can't decide which one to go to.

The highly popular Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir are supporting Cancer Research UK with a concert at the Temple Methodist Church in Budleigh's Fore Street.

On this occasion they will be performing with special guest flautist and member of a well-known East Budleigh family Jess Hill, pictured above. The granddaughter of Gerry Hill who sings in the baritone section of the Male Voice Choir, Jess started playing the flute at the age of nine and has enjoyed performing on the instrument ever since.

"I have played at weddings and also at a funeral," she tells me. "I first had the privilege of playing with the choir at the age of thirteen and have appeared with them on other occasions since. I also play the piccolo and the piano. I am taking my Grade VII flute exam at the beginning of April."

Jess is a student at Bicton College doing an apprenticeship in the care and management of animals. "They have a large number of animals there, ranging from lemurs to snakes, and I care for them all," she says.

"I would like to thank Budleigh Salterton Male Voice Choir for asking me to perform here tonight and hope you enjoy the selection of music I have chosen to play for you.”

Songs by the Male Voice Choir at the concert on Saturday 26 March include 'Music of the Night', 'I Dreamed a Dream', 'You Raise Me Up', an Al Jolson Medley of Songs and many others.

Doors open at 7.00 pm. Tickets, price £6, are available from any choir member, from Budleigh and Ottery St Mary Tourist Information Centres or at the door. For further details email info@budleighmvc.co.uk or ring Graham on 01395 519688.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WW2 100 – 3 July 1941 – ‘Our beloved son’: Private Stanley John Holloway (1914-41) 12th Battalion, Devonshire Regiment

People from the Past: 3. Reg Varney (1916-2008)

A home that Hatchard-Smith built: Lavender House