A secret Budstock








The spirit of Budstock is alive and well

Someone emailed me the other day to ask "How come you didn't know about Budfest last Saturday??"

Well, I can't be expected to cover all the Budleigh news. The local press do a great job anyway, and my efforts are getting more and more spasmodic, especially during the summer months.

I think what my friend was enquiring about was a one-off event on 19 June which I'll mention now just because it's one of those quirky Budleigh things that deserves a place in the cyberarchives.

This was the event's intriguing description according to organiser Joe Holroyd: "A rainbow, a kingfisher, three great bands, 120 people, and a good deal of cider and ale convene to celebrate a secret outlaw Budstock on the 40th birthday of its founder Toby Holroyd."

I won't say any more than that, except to refer people who don't know anything about Budstock to my post at http://budleighbrewsterunited.blogspot.com/2009/08/afternoon-at-budstock-saturday-1-august.html

It's just good to know that events like this can be organised successfully in Budleigh Salterton with no fuss, lots of goodwill and a refreshing absence of red tape.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WW2 100 – 3 July 1941 – ‘Our beloved son’: Private Stanley John Holloway (1914-41) 12th Battalion, Devonshire Regiment

People from the Past: 3. Reg Varney (1916-2008)

A home that Hatchard-Smith built: Lavender House