Do you use Facebook?



Image credit: Bodo Akdeniz

Spam is a pain. For several years I’ve been emailing recipients of my blog news about Budleigh Salterton and Fairlynch Museum, keeping them up to date with the latest news, views and oddities that many of us find interesting or entertaining. 

Recently 100 of my readers didn’t receive a message from me, probably because of anti-spam paranoia on the part of the cyberlords.

All my blog posts appear in a shortened version on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Fairlynch and Twitter with a link to the full post complete with more pics.

If you haven’t heard from me for some time, and if you want to keep in touch with Budleigh news, please do look at the Fairlynch Facebook community page. You don’t have to join Facebook to do so.

Of course you may decide to take the plunge and join the billions who use it. In which case it would be lovely if you could LIKE the Fairlynch page.

When I first moved to Budleigh seven years ago I mentioned that I was hoping that Fairlynch would use Facebook to make itself better known. A local resident told me very sharply that she had banned her children from using it, and that it was thoroughly dangerous to dabble in it.

Seven years later I see she uses it regularly to talk about her holidays and lots more besides.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WW2 100 – 3 July 1941 – ‘Our beloved son’: Private Stanley John Holloway (1914-41) 12th Battalion, Devonshire Regiment

People from the Past: 3. Reg Varney (1916-2008)

A home that Hatchard-Smith built: Lavender House